Information for reviewers
TWEB is a fully peer-reviewed journal. Each paper will receive
no less than three reviews, ideally four.
Papers should satisfy certain minimum criteria before even being considered,
including the following:
- there should be a comprehensive related work section which covers
a representative selection of work in the field, in addition to specifically
comparing the authors' own work against these
- there should be a solid evaluation section
- there should not be an excessive number of self-references
- There should be no text largely duplicated from previously-published
TWEB will consider extended versions of conference papers for publication;
however, authors of such papers must make substantial enhancements to
the conference versions and must alert the Editors that the paper is an
extended version, and include a copy of the earlier publication as well
as a letter indicating the enhancements the authors have made to the earlier
Some papers can be exempted from some conditions where, say, an evaluation
is perhaps not relevant, but in general most good papers will have most
of these characteristics. Authors will be given advice about the expected
style of the paper in the submission guidelines.
The Review Form
There is a customized review form for the ACM Transactions on the Web in the Manuscript Central review system.
If your review was assigned to you outside of Manuscript Central,
please complete the following review form and send it to
the Associate Editor in charge of the submission.
In your review, please endeavour to give the authors useful criticisms
which could help them improve their papers. Criticisms can often be difficult
to accept, and should be given as courteously as possible, while still
The Review Process
TWEB aims to return responses to authors within three months of submission.
- Invitation sent to the reviewer to review the manuscript
- Reviewer should confirm agreement to review paper to the Associate
- Associate Editor will send the full manuscript to the reviewer. If
the submission is an enhanced version of a previously published conference
paper, the reviewer should also receive a copy or accessible link to
the conference paper as well as a letter from the authors describing
the enhancements that they have made to the conference paper.
- Reviewers should return their reviews, using the review
to the Associate Editor (completed reviews will be automatically sent to the associate editor for papers reviewed via Manuscript Central). This review should ideally be completed within
six weeks of receiving the manuscript to review.
- The Associate Editor will make a recommendation to the Editors-in-Chief